Established in 1886, Fort Myers is the central historical and government location for Lee County.
On the shores of the Caloosahatchee River, which has direct access to the Gulf of Mexico, Fort Myers Real estate has become a water lover’s paradise. Boating and fishing remain one of Fort Myers’ top recreations, with thousands taking to the water to enjoy the “fun in the sun” activities Fort Myers offers due to its location and year around warm weather.
Fort Myers is home to the Harborside Convention Center, which hosts events including; concerts, trade shows, sporting events, and much more throughout the year. Over the past decade, the downtown district in Fort Myers has become a hot spot for activity. Unique shops, restaurants, and clubs line the downtown area, providing hours of browsing enjoyment, and an active nightlife on the Caloosahatchee River.
Fort Myers Government
Fort Myers’ government is a Mayor form of government. The city is governed by a six member city council. Each member is elected from a single member ward.
The Fort Myers Police Department is responsible for policing the city.
Fort Myers has its own Fire District and is served by six separate fire stations located in Cape Coral.
Fort Myers Schools
Fort Myers is part of the Lee County School District.
Fort Myers Demographics
According to the 2010 census report, the population in Fort Myers is 62,298 people and an increase of 29.2% since 2000. There are 35,138 total homes with 10,852 occupied by the owner. Hence, you can witness immense growth and development at the Fort Myers Real estate.
The racial makeup of Fort Myers in 2010 was;
- 54.6% Non-Hispanic White
- 32.3% African-American
- 20.0% Hispanic
- .6% American Indian
- 1.6% Asian
- 2.8% reporting two or more races.
Fort Myers Weather
Fort Myers is known for its year around warm weather. The average high temperature in Fort Myers is 84.5. The average low temperature is 65. The warmest month of the year is June and July with average high temperatures during the day of 92. The coldest month of the year is January where the average low temperature is 55.
Fort Myers Attractions/Events
- Edison Winter Home/Ford Estate
- Historic Downtown District
- Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
- Murphy Burroughs Home
- Downtown Art Walk
Fort Myers Real Estate
Real estate investments entail a wide variety of difficulties and complications, so for those who are new to this industry should learn how to get started with Fort Myers Real Estate.
Why invest in Real estate?
Investing your money in bonds, mutual funds commodities and of course, real estate is the wisest thing to do. However, each and every investment has positives and negatives of its own, speaking about real estate investments you get ample of benefits and advantages like :-
- Diversification value- Real estate transactions are always well documented and have less interaction with other assets/ investment vehicles such as bonds, stocks, etc.
- Income stream- Properties especially those available in Fort Myers Real Estate can be easily converted into rental units. Being an owner you get a steady form of rent on the basis of its location & proximity-based services.
- Secure- Investing as well as owning a property can offer a great sense of security because the value stays steady as compared to other investment vehicles. Perhaps prices in Fort Myers Real Estate do not fluctuate for the short-term.
- Cash flow- This is everyone's favorite, cash flow is something that's left over after you collect the rent and pay yo
Fort Myers Resource Links